Dido's Lament and Chorus (Henry Purcell)
- Editor: Shaun Pirttijarvi (submitted 2013-08-18). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 132 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original instrumentation. Please email me if you require a transposition.
- CPDL #19367: PDFs and Midi available
- Editor: John Kilpatrick (submitted 2009-05-01). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 69 kB (full score 12 pages, 83KB) Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Set for wind quartet, soprano solo, and SATB choir (or a cappella). Vocal and full scores available, and instrument parts.
Title: Dido's Lament and Chorus
Composer: Henry Purcell
Instruments: Wind quartet (flute or oboe, clarinet, french horn, bassoon); or can be sung a cappella from the wind parts by the choir humming or singing aah.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Dido and Aeneas.