Der Herr sprach zu meinem Herren (Psalm 110), SWV 22 (Heinrich Schütz)
- (Posted 2020-07-17) CPDL #59773:
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2020-07-17). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original print, MS = modernized spelling, OS = original spelling, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, musica ficta clearly marked, blackened notes (hemiolas) indicated by ┌ ┐.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2015-06-30). Score information: A4, 18 pages, 154 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Clefs modernised. Time signatures changed from 4/2 to 2/2 and 6/1 to 3/2 respectively. Note values halved in the triple-time section. Source may be found at IMSLP.
First published: 1619 in Psalmen Davids, Op. 2, no. 1
2nd published: 1886 in Heinrich Schütz: Sämtliche Werke, Volume 2, no. 1
3rd published: 1971 in Neue Schütz-Ausgabe, Volume 23, no. 1
Description: The source contains 5 parts marked Vox instrumentalis. These could be treated either as instrumental parts, or as a third, SSATB, choir.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 110.