Awake, sweet love (John Dowland)
- Editor: Stefan Schwarz (submitted 2012-08-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 61 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arranged for SATB + classical guitar.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-28). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 18 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: John D. Smith (submitted 2004-02-20). Score information: 44 x 62 cm, 2 pages, 51 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scores listed alphabetically by composer. All scores available in Scorch format, some are also available as PDF files.
- Editor: Ulrich Alpers (submitted 2003-08-18). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 44 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scroll down to #19 of 'The Firste Booke of Songes' collection. Capella zipped file (of all works of the collection) not found.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2001-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 79 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: in partbook format.
Title: Awake, Sweet Love
Composer: John Dowland
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Secular, Lute song
First published: 1597 in The First Booke of Songs or Ayres, no. 19
- Listen to a free recording of this piece from Coro Nostro, a mixed chamber choir based in Leicester, UK.
Original text and translations
| English text
1. Awake, sweet love, thou art return'd:
1. Zbudź się! Słodka miłości, powrócił twój czas.
- Translations with attribution
- Stefan Schwarz editions
- Brian Russell editions
- John D. Smith editions
- Ulrich Alpers editions
- Laura Conrad editions
- John Dowland compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Secular music
- Lute songs
- Works in English
- Lute accompaniment
- 1597 works
- English texts
- Polish translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music