Ärgre dich, o Seele, nicht, BWV 186 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-07-14). Score information: A4, 44 pages, 2.93 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A scan of the piano-vocal score by Berhard Todt.
First published: 1891 in Bach-Gesellschaft Ausgabe, Band 37
Opus: BWV 186, 11 movements
Description: First performed in its expanded version for the 7th Sunday after Trinity, 11 July 1723. The first version, a cantata for Advent III with a libretto entirely by Franck, is now known as BWV 186a and was first performed at Weimar 13 December 1716.
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
- Ärgre dich, o Seele, nicht at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 186.
- Bach-cantatas site, with links to libretto and translations.
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.