You pretty flowers (John Farmer)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-05). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #7738. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Revised files uploaded 04/02/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2004-08-09). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: You pretty flowers
Composer: John Farmer
Original text and translations
You pretty flowers that smile for summer's sake,
pull in your heads before my wat'ry eyes
do turn the meadows to a standing lake,
by whose untimely floods your glory dies,
for lo, my heart resolved to moist'ning air,
feeding mine eyes, redoubles tear for tear.