Ye that do live in pleasures (John Wilbye)
- (Posted 2011-08-19) CPDL #24186:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-19). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 104 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #6928, with corrections. Transposed down a major 3rd. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2006-04-21) CPDL #11522: (Finale 2006)
- Editor: Roel Griffioen (submitted 2006-04-21). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 124 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transposed down a major third.
- (Posted 2004-04-14) CPDL #06928:
- Editor: Ken Williams (submitted 2004-04-14). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 196 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Ye that do live in pleasures
Composer: John Wilbye
Original text and translations
Ye that do live in pleasures plenty,
and dwell in Music's sweetest Airs,
whose eyes are quick, whose ears are dainty,
not clogg'd with earth or worldly cares,
come sing this song, made in Amphion's praise,
who now is dead, yet you his fame can raise.
Call him again, let him not die,
but live in Music's sweetest breath;
place him in fairest memory,
and let him triumph over death.
O sweetly sung, his living wish attend ye.
These were his words, "The mirth of heav'n God send ye."