Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - list of masses
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of authentic Mozart masses
Dubious or spurious
Something approaching 40 masses have been incorrectly attributed to Mozart, of which the following are probably the best known:
- Missa brevis in F major, KV 116 (90a) (2 violins & bc)
- An incomplete mass in the hand of Leopold Mozart, but probably a copy made of a "foreign" work.
- Ascribed to Mozart on the basis of corrections to instrumental parts in Mozart's handwriting, but may be the work of another composer. The work was renumbered as K 235d in Köchel 3, and then relegated to an appendix, K Anh.C1.12, in Köchel 6, but may be considered authentic by the new edition of Köchel in preparation. (Stay tuned!)
- 4 editions available (complete mass and individual movements, organ version and full orchestra version)
- Missa in G major (or Gloria alone, in C major), K Anh.232 (C1.04)
- This mass was famously misattributed as "Mozart's Twelfth Mass" by the publishing firm of Novello; the work is actually by Wenzel Müller (1767–1835).