Born: 6 January 1719
Died: 19 August 1783
Born at Battle, Sussex, and educated at St. John's College, Cambridge. In 1743 he joined the Calvinistic Methodists and, in 1745, the Moravian Brethren. He died in London and was buried in the Moravian burial-ground, Sloane Street, Chelsea.
View the Wikipedia article on William Hammond.
Settings of text by William Hammond
- Awake and sing (Jonathan Adams)
- Awake and sing the song (Thomas Clark)
- Awake and sing the song (William Henry Monk)
- Awake and sing the song of Moses (Benjamin Milgrove)
- Fairford (Jacob Kimball)
- Lord, we come before Thee now (Thurlow Weed)
- Salem (Amos Pilsbury)