Why should I grieve? (Francis Pilkington)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-13). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-27). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 61 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Why should I grieve?
Composer: Francis Pilkington
Original text and translations
Why should I grieve, that she disdains my love?
Or seek for love, since love's a grief?
A noble mind his tortures ill behove.
He spoils, thralls, murders like a thief,
Debarring beauty's bar all lov'd relief.