Why runs away my love? (Michael East)
- (Posted 2014-05-07) CPDL #31860:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2014-05-07). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 55 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2011-08-12) CPDL #24144:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-12). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on 10162, with minor alterations to time signatures. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2005-11-15) CPDL #10162:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 57 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Why runs away my love?
Composer: Michael East
Description: Part 1 of 2 part madrigal, part 2 is Why do you seek by flight?
Original text and translations
Why runs away my love, from me disdaining,
and too cruel leaves me here complaining,
yet, O, ne'er think by flight me to remove,
men are not where they live, but where they love.