Whither so fast (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-14). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 72 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. In original key. Files revised 9/3/12, to accord with the 1840 facsimile edition. Revised files uploaded 30/01/19.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 41 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Whither so fast
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Original text and translations
Whither so fast? See how the kindly flowers
Perfume the air and all to make thee stay.
The climbing woodbind clipping all these bowers,
Clips thee likewise for fear thou pass away.
Fortune our friend, our foe will not gainsay.
Stay but awhile Phoebe no telltale is,
She her Endymion, I'll my Phoebe kiss.