While shepherds watched their flocks by night (Thomas Clark)
- (Posted 2020-05-02) CPDL #58366:
- Editor: Matthew Collins (submitted 2020-05-02). Score information: A4, 1 page, 419 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arrangement of 'Cranbrook' in C major, for SATB harmony
- (Posted 2008-12-10) CPDL #18494:
- Editor: Rod Mather (submitted 2008-12-10). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 52 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Arr. Rod Mather.
- (Posted 2003-05-13) CPDL #05044: (Sibelius 2)
- Editor: Toby Wardman (submitted 2003-05-13). Score information: A4, 1 page, 80 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Description: The tune 'Cranbrook' was originally published as a setting of Philip Doddridge's Short Meter text 'Grace, 'tis a charming sound' tune, in Thomas Clark's book A Sett of Psalm and Hymn Tunes, . In adapting it to Common Meter texts such as 'While shepherds watched their flocks by night' or 'On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at', two slurs are removed from the first line.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at While shepherds watched their flocks by night.