When as the mavis sweetly sings (Henry Purcell)
- (Posted 2009-05-01) CPDL #19364: PDF, Midi & Overture
- Editor: John Kilpatrick (submitted 2009-05-01). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 30 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2004-02-20) CPDL #06772:
- Editor: John D. Smith (submitted 2004-02-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scores listed alphabetically by composer. All scores available in Scorch format, some are also available as PDF files.
Title: The Mavis
Composer: Henry Purcell
Original text and translations
1. When as the mavis sweetly sings,
rapture and love his notes inspire;
as nestward now his way, he sings,
his way he wings, his blissful song shall never tire.
2. His loveborn carrol he repeats,
when to his mate he finds his way;
who list’ning, welcomes him and greets
who list’ning greets, his coming long’d for all the day.