We call to You, O Christ of hope (Robert Page)
- Editor: Jonathan Harris (submitted 2020-08-10). Score information: A4, 1 page, 55 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Melody and words edition for the congregation.
- Editor: Jonathan Harris (submitted 2020-08-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 122 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A newly composed hymn tune called Bletchley, setting words by Rev'd Richard Sturch.
First published: 2011
Original text and translations
1. We call to You, O Christ of hope, out of a world of pain,
where blinkered greed and selfish pride and senseless anger reign.
When we ourselves have dug the pit, where we have sunk so deep,
how can we cure our own disease, how rouse ourselves from sleep?
2. Only the Lord who made the world that world can recreate;
come quickly now, our King and Judge, no more stand at the gate.
Soon bring the final Kingdom in, soon set the Judgment hour,
and as You bore the weight of sin, now end its earthly power!
3. But if in wisdom You delay, restrain our follies still!
Put into rebel hearts and minds a longing for Your will.
Let lights of grace shine on the world, that so Your people may,
not dark, or blind, but lit by stars, await Your glorious day.