Up-Hill (Kathryn Rose)
- Editor: Kathryn Rose (submitted 2014-05-12). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 42 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Description: Intended to be sung antiphonally.
Original text and translations
– Does the road wind up-hill all the way?
– Yes, to the very end.
– Will the day’s journey take the whole long day?
– From morn to night, my friend.
– But is there for the night a resting-place?
– A roof for when the slow dark hours begin.
– May not the darkness hide it from my face?
– You cannot miss that inn.
– Shall I meet other wayfarers at night?
– Those who have gone before.
– Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?
– They will not keep you standing at that door.
– Shall I find comfort, travel-sore and weak?
– Of labour you shall find the sum.
– Will there be beds for me and all who seek?
– Yea, beds for all who come.