Tribus miraculis (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
- (Posted 2013-08-18) CPDL #29866:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-08-18). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 95 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #10006, with minor errors corrected.
- (Posted 2005-12-30) CPDL #10006: (Sibelius 4)
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2005-12-30). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 119 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Thanks go to Mick Swithinbank for his eagle-eye proof-reading. These edits are now incorporated into editions marked 1-29-2006 or later.
Title: Tribus Miraculis
Composer: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
Description: Motet for Epiphany:
For these three miracles so wondrous
The three miracles referred to are:
- The visit of the Magi
- The baptism in Jordan
- The marriage feast of Cana
All regarded as manifestations (or Epiphanies) of the Divinity of the Lord
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Tribus miraculis.