Gradual for the feast of All Saints. Source of text is Psalm 33 (Vulgate):10-11 (altered) The gradual replaces non est inopia in the Vulgate with nihil deest and minuentur with deficient, but the meaning is similar in both cases.
Byrd adds the verse from Matthew 11:28. Trombetti substitutes verse 16 for verse 11.
Settings by composers
- William Byrd SSATB (Variant 2)
- Robert Führer SATB with orchestra
- Johann Michael Haydn SATB with organ or orchestra
- Ascanio Trombetti SSATTB (Variant 1)
Other settings possibly not included in the manual list above
- Johann Michael Haydn — Timete Dominum, MH 385
Text and translations
33:10 Timete Dominum omnes sancti ejus: quoniam nihil deest timentibus eum.
33:10 Fear the Lord, all ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him: