Thus saith my Cloris bright (John Wilbye)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-09-26). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 36 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Modern spelling.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-01). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 46 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright © 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Pablo Rosario (submitted 2000-08-22). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Thus saith my Cloris bright
Composer: John Wilbye
Original text and translations
Thus saith my Cloris bright,
when we of Love sit downe and talke together,
Beware of Love, deere, Love is a walking sprite,
And Love is this and that,
And O I wot not what,
And comes and goes againe,
I wot not whither,
No, no, these are but bugs to breed amazing,
for in her eies I saw his torch light blazing.