There rolls the deep (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-12-21). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 71 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #2063, with minor adjustments to underlay.
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 2001-02-08). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 72 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Live performance of this work by the dwsChorale
- MP3 and Midi of "There rolls the deep" and "Ab Oriente venerunt Magi"
Original text and translations
There rolls the deep where grew the tree.
O earth, what changes hast thou seen!
There where the long street roars, hath been
The stillness of the central sea.
The hills are shadows, and they flow
From form to form, and nothing stands;
They melt like mist, the solid lands,
Like clouds they shape themselves and go.
But in my spirit will I dwell,
And dream my dream, and hold it true;
For tho’ my lips may breathe adieu,
I cannot think the thing farewell.