There's a beauty in the earth (Gabrael StClair)
- (Posted 2013-10-22) CPDL #30397:
- Editor: Gabrael StClair (submitted 2013-10-22). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 33 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: There's a Beauty In The Earth
Composer: Gabrael StClair
First published: 2011
Description: A simple hymn for stewardship of the Earth.
Original text and translations
1. There’s a beauty in the earth at the end of summer fair.
It is found when gardens wither and fruit grows dry and spare.
When the Lord whispers "Look to the seeds within.
What is seen as small and gone, will be that is to live".
2. In the drought or in the ice, I the flood or in the war,
When a world dies away and a people scatter far,
When nature cries aloud and creatures all are fled,
God is growing unseen, in a time that does not end.
3. There’s a cycle to each age. There’s a crossroads in each life.
As the balance swings about, comes the change amidst the strife.
"Look to the seeds within. What is seen as small and gone,
Will be what is to live".