The Renaissance Singer
Title: The Renaissance Singer
Editor / Compiler: Thomas Dunn
Publisher: E. C. Schirmer, Boston, MA USA
Price: $15.50 (available for purchase from Sheet Music Plus)
Voicing of works: SATB; optional organ accompaniments provided
Publication date and place: 1976 by E. C. Schirmer in Boston.
- With an Essay on Renaissance performance practice by Joseph Dyer.
- Special note on copyright for users in the U.S.: Even though all of the contents of the volume appear to be in the public domain, under U.S. copyright law, creating a compilation is defined as editorial content, and as such, even though individual items are in the public domain in the U.S., E. C. Schirmer asserts a copyright in the collection of these items, in this order.
- Texts are in their original languages, with English provided for those items with non-English original texts.
- The source, original liturgical usage, and where the original is in a language other than English, a translation, are provided for each item.
The original publication includes indexes by:
- Liturgical Use
- Collated titles, both Latin and English
and also includes an index of illustrations.
Tip: Titles in the left column which appear in blue are hyperlinks to the score page on CPDL - click on them for free editions.