Te lucis ante terminum (Thomas Tallis)
- (Posted 2020-05-21)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-05-21). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 190 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Both settings. Edited from the Byrd/Tallis Cantiones Sacrae of 1575. Original note values retained. Plainsong added from the 1541 Sarum hymnal. The score includes a critical commentary.
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2013-01-01). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 140 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a tone from original written pitch, for SATBarB
- Editor: Thomas F. Strode (submitted 2005-09-18). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 116 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Ferial Tone only. See discussion section for notes on minor errors and a question whether the title of this article is correct.
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2004-01-30). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 120 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Setting of vs. 2, "Procul recedant somnia" only. Festal and Ferial tone, but lacking plainsong - Tallis's polyphony only.
Title: Te lucis ante terminum (ferial tone)
Composer: Thomas Tallis
First published: 1575 in Cantiones quae ab argumento sacrae vocantur, no. 20
Description: Tallis composed two settings of this hymn. This page contains editions of both and also editions of the setting misleadingly known as the 'ferial tone'. For separate editions of the so-called 'festal tone', see Te lucis ante terminum (festal tone)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Te lucis ante terminum.
|This page is awaiting cleanup.|