Suscipe quaeso Domine - Si enim iniquitates (Thomas Tallis)
- (Posted 2008-10-24) CPDL #18175:
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2008-10-24). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 208 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Up a minor third from written pitch for SSAATBB.
- (Posted 2008-10-23) CPDL #18170:
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2008-10-23). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 202 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: At original written pitch for AATTBBB
Description: It has been suggested that this work may have been written as a companion to the 7-part Missa Puer natus est nobis, and so to date from around 1554. However, it appears stylistically to be more closely related to Tallis's Elizabethan works, especially Spem in alium.
Original text and translations
Suscipe quaeso Domine vocem confitentis.
Receive, I beseech, O Lord, the voice of one who confesses.