Susanna fair some time of love (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-03). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 136 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A reformatting of #14903, transposed down a minor 3rd. At the original key, the work is really SSTB and, even transposed, is high for alto, the range going higher than the soprano. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. revised files uploaded 03/02/19.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 80 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-14). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 123 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Susanna fair
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Original text and translations
Susanna fair some time of love requested,
by suitors false, whom her sweet looks allur'd,
was in her heart full sad and sore molested,
feeling such force of bitterness endur'd,
to them she said: If I by craft procur'd
do yield to your request with grief and sighing,
I lose my soul, yet hap your plaint denying,
you will me judge to death reproachfully,
but rather would I keep innocence,
e'en dying, than live in fault,
to offend my God on high.