Surrexit enim*... Precedet vos in gallileam (Ludwig Senfl)
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2020-04-06). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 74 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A semi-diplomatoric edition: Modern clefs and ficta added sparingly but note-values and key as in the original. Transcript of gregorian chant resembling melodic material in the setting enclosed in the commentary.
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2020-04-07). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 156 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: As above. Magnificat in fourth tone by Senfl from Magnificat octo toni 1537 included.
Title: Surrexit enim*... Precedet vos in gallileam
Composer: Ludwig Senfl ?
First published: 1530
Description: An antiphon for Magnificat at Second Vespers of Easter (The Vespers on Easter Sunday). Unascribed in the Source BSB Mus.ms 52 but identified by M.Bente as probably by Senfl.
Original text and translations
Surrexit enim sicut dixit domini
Precedet vos in Gallileam
Ibi eum videbitis
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.
- Other related text can be found at Magnificat.