Strike it up, tabor (Thomas Weelkes)
- (Posted 2012-05-07) CPDL #26117:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-07). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #9290, with corrections. Revised files uploaded 19/12/17.
- (Posted 2005-11-19) CPDL #10203:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-19). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 37 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- (Posted 2005-08-30) CPDL #09290:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 22 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2001-06-14) CPDL #02809: (Finale 2000)
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 2001-06-14). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 36 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Strike it up, tabor
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
Strike it up, tabor, and pipe us a favour;
Thou shalt be well paid for thy labour.
I mean to spend my shoesole
To dance about the maypole.
I will be blithe and brisk,
Leap and skip, hop and trip,
Turn about in the rout,
Until very weary joints can scarce frisk.
Lusty Dick Hopkin, lay on with thy napkin;
The stitching cost me but a dodkin.
The morris were half undone,
Wert not for Martin of Compton.
O well, said jigging Alce,
Pretty Jill, stand you still;
Dapper Jack means to smack.
How now, fie, fie, fie, fie, fie, you dance false.