Still it frieth (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-07). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 33 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #10305, transposed down a major 2nd.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Files listed alphabetically by nationality and composer. Some composers have separate pages.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-02). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 51 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Still it frieth
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: 2nd part of a 2-part madrigal, the 1st part being My heart, why hast thou taken.
Original text and translations
Still it frieth,
Yet my heart never dieth.
Ah, that my love hath not some mortal firing,
And that no storms may quench his heart inspiring.