Stand up and bless the Lord your God (John Goss)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2014-02-14). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 170 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Merging and reformating of nos. 31245 & 31246.
- Contributor: Mark Mager (submitted 2014-02-12). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 6.37 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Scanned score pages 1-6
- Contributor: Mark Mager (submitted 2014-02-12). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 6.61 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Scanned score pages 7-12
Title: Stand Up and Bless the Lord Your God
Composer: John Goss
Source of text: Nehemiah 9:5b-6 and Isaiah 63:15a:16b
Original text and translations
Neh. 9:5b Stand up and bless the Lord your God for ever and ever! [and] Blessed be Thy glorious Name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
Neh. 9:6 Thou even art Lord alone, blessed be Thy holy Name. Thou hast made the heav’n of heav’ns with all their host, The earth and all things that are therein, the sea and all that is therein. And Thou preservest them all; and the host of heav’n worshippeth Thee.
Isa. 63:15a Look down from heav’n, and behold, from the habitation of Thy holiness, and of Thy glory.
Isa. 63:16b For Thou art our Father, our Redeemer. Thy Name is from everlasting.