Sing O heavens (James Kent)
- (Posted 2014-01-03) CPDL #30931:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2014-01-03). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 138 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Figured bass realised by the editor.
- (Posted 2013-10-06) CPDL #30267:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-10-06). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 123 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Twelve Anthems (James Kent).
Title: Sing O heavens
Composer: James Kent
Source of text: Isaiah 49:13-14; 55:7b; 30:18 (KJV, altered)
Description: ATB verses with SATB chorus.
Original text and translations
49:13 Sing, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth: break forth into singing, O mountains. For the Lord has comforted His people, and will have mercy on His afflicted.
49:14 Let not Sion say, The Lord hath forsaken me, and the Lord hath forgotten me.
55:7b Return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon you: and to your God, for He will abundantly pardon.
30:18 Therefore will the Lord wait, that He may be gracious unto you: and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you. For the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are they that wait for his salvation.
Sing, O heavens…