Saviour, while my heart is tender (John Bacchus Dykes)
- (Posted 2010-08-28) CPDL #22219:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-08-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 17 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From the Church Hymnary, 1927.
Original text and translations
1. Saviour, while my heart is tender,
I would yield that heart to Thee,
All my powers to Thee surrender,
Thine, and only Thine to be.
2. Take me now, Lord Jesus, take me;
Let my youthful heart be Thine;
Thy devoted servant make me;
Fill my soul with love divine.
3. Send me, Lord, where Thou wilt send me,
Only do Thou guide my way;
May Thy grace through life attend me,
Gladly then shall I obey.
4. Let me do Thy will or bear it;
I would know no will but Thine;
Shouldst Thou take my life or spare it,
I that life to Thee resign.
5. Thine I am, O Lord, for ever,
To Thy service set apart;
Suffer me to leave Thee never;
Seal Thine image on my heart.