Salve Regina (Robert Fayrfax)
- CPDL #62140: (Posted 2020-12-30)
- Editor: Humphrey Thompson (submitted 2020-12-30). Score information: A3, 17 pages, 165 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Edition prepared for the Fayrfax 2021 Quincentenary, generously supported by the Mercers' Company. Recorded in March 2021 by Ensemble Pro Victoria for the Delphian Label. Updated Dec 20.
- (Posted 2013-11-24) CPDL #30599:
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2013-11-24). Score information: Letter, 18 pages, 800 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From the Eton Choirbook (MS 1490-1502). Our source: Collected Works, volume 2, edited by Edwin B. Warren (volume 17 of Corpus Mensurabilis Musicae), American Institute of Musicology, 1964. We have raised the original notation a tone and halved time values. The ligatures of the MS are not indicated in the Warren edition. Flats in the MS (C naturals here) that are also in the key signature are given here in parentheses. We have imposed regular bar lines and inserted rests at the ends of some sections to compensate. Translation, text underlay, emendations (see last page) and musica ficta by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers. 1/5/97.
Title: Salve Regina
Composer: Robert Fayrfax
Description: A pre-tridentine version of the Marian Antiphon currently assigned from Trinity to Advent
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Salve Regina.
Salve Regina, Mater Misericordiae,