Aliases: Pygot, Biggotte
Born: c. 1482?
Died: late 1552
Biography By 1517 Pygott was Master of the Children in Cardinal Wolsey’s household chapel. After the later's death (1530) he became a Gentleman of the Chapel Royal. A codicil to his will is dated Oct. 2 1552.
View the Wikipedia article on Richard Pygott.
List of choral works
- Quid petis, O fili?
- By by lullaby 4vv (B only)
- Quid petis, O fili?/The mother full mannerly 4vv
- Domine secundum actum 4vv
- Gaude pastore, ?5vv (B only)
- Missa Veni Sancte Spiritus 5vv
- Salve regina 5vv (ST missing)
- unidentified fragment for 2 vv in A Plaine and Easie Introduction to Practicall Musicke (Thomas Morley)
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- N.J. Sandon: The Henrician Partbooks belonging to Peterhouse, Cambridge (Cambridge, University Library, Peterhouse Manuscripts 471–474): a Study, with Restorations of the Incomplete Compositions Contained in them (diss., U. of Exeter, 1983)