Quem dicunt homines (Jean Richafort)
- (Posted 2019-03-16) CPDL #53589:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-03-16). Score information: A4, 9 pages Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch (for SATB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the earliest complete published source (Moderne, as detailed below), the earliest complete hand-copied source (from the Vatican Library, as detailed below) and five other hand-copied sources as acknowledged in the Editorial Notes of this score.
- (Posted 2013-12-07) CPDL #30726:
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2013-12-07). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 86 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key and note values.
Title: Quem dicunt homines (2.p. Petre, diligis me?)
Composer: Jean Richafort
Source of text: Matthew 16:13 & 16-18; John 21:15 & 17, 13:37; Luke 22:32
First published: c.1508–1527 in Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, MS Capp. Sist. 46 [Rome]
2nd published: 1532 in Moderne, Motetti del fiore, liber primus cum quatuor vocibus [Lyon] (RISM 1532/10), no. 19
3rd published: 1539 and 1545 in Gardano, Flos florum. Motetti del fiore. Primus liber cum 4 voc. [Venice]
Original text and translations
Quem dicunt hómines esse Fílium hóminis?
Whom do men say that the Son of Man is?
Original text and translations may be found at Quem dicunt homines?.