Quell' augellin che canta (Luca Marenzio)
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2020-02-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 89 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1595 print. Original key (chiavi naturali) and note values. An obvious error of the 1595 print has been corrected (Basso, bar 42 the first minim in the source is A which we have corrected to G.) In bar 39 we put the sharp sign before the D in the Quinto. As is general practice in Marenzio's time, when the same note is repeated, the accidental is put only before the first note. The only confusing thing is that the last D comes in a new system in the source and has no sharp sign before it. Nevertheless, we think this note should be D sharp.
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2012-10-26). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 77 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #27481. Mensural notation, original key and note values, clefs modernized.
- Last Revised: 28/10/12
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-10-24). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 59 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #235, with corrections.
- Last Revised: 25/02/17
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-14). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Gordon J. Callon (submitted 1999-03-15). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 321 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Quell'augellin che canta
Composer: Luca Marenzio
Original text and translations
Quell'augellin, che canta
That little bird which sings