Quae est ista quae ascendit (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- (Posted 2019-12-22) CPDL #56380:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-12-22). Score information: A4, 15 pages, 405 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed one tone higher (for SSATBB), otherwise identical to CPDL #56067 below. Revised edition uploaded 05 January 2021.
- (Posted 2019-11-26) CPDL #56067:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-11-26). Score information: A4, 15 pages, 406 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for SSATBB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the source listed below. Revised edition uploaded 05 January 2021.
Title: Quae est ista quae ascendit (2.p. Ista est speciosa)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
Source of text: Song of Songs
First published: 1554 in Phalèse, Cantionum sacrarum liber 5 (Pierre de Manchicourt), no. 13
Description: This is one of seven settings of text from the Song of Songs (Canticum Canticorum) among Manchicourt's output of more than seventy motets.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Quae est ista quae processit.
Quae est ista quae ascéndit sicut sol,
Who is she that has ascended like the sun,