Philip Le Bas
Born: 14 September 1958
Biography: Born in Cambridge, UK, and grew up in Leicester. Studied at Cambridge University, Oxford University, Pontifical Gregorian University (Rome), St Mary's University College (Twickenham). Degrees in Natural Sciences, Nuclear Physics, and Theology/Philosophy. Instruments: bassoon, flute, piano. Currently principal bassoonist with the Maidstone Symphony Orchestra and the Royal Tunbridge Wells Symphony Orchestra. Choir director for the Church of Sts Peter and Paul, Seal, near Sevenoaks. Retired Head of Physics at Walthamstow Hall, an independent girls secondary school in Sevenoaks. Married to Rev. Anne Le Bas, who is vicar of Sts Peter and Paul, Seal.
See also: Philip Le Bas's editor page.
List of choral works
Arrangements by Philip Le Bas
- Didn't my Lord deliver Daniel? (Traditional)
- Hear my prayer/O for the wings of a dove (Felix Mendelssohn)
- I vow to thee, my country (Gustav Holst)
- Minuit, chrétiens (O Holy Night) (Adolphe Charles Adam)
- Requiem in D minor, Op. 48 (Gabriel Fauré)
- Stille Nacht (Franz Xaver Gruber)
- The Shepherd's Cradle Song (Karl Leuner/Charles Macpherson)
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL