Osculetur me (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- (Posted 2019-12-21) CPDL #56367:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-12-21). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 428 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed one tone lower (for SSATBB), otherwise identical to CPDL #55882 below. Revised edition uploaded 08 January 2021.
- (Posted 2019-11-12) CPDL #55882:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-11-12). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 422 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for SSATTB or SSATBarB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the original published source as listed below. Revised edition uploaded 08 January 2021.
Title: Osculetur me, osculo oris sui (2.p. Trahe me post te)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
Source of text: Song of Songs 1:1–3, 4:7 & 11
First published: 1554 in Phalèse, Cantionum sacrarum liber 5 (Pierre de Manchicourt), no. 12
Description: This is one of seven settings of text from the Song of Songs (Canticum Canticorum) among Manchicourt's output of more than seventy motets. He has set the Tenor part as a cantus firmus, using the text of Tota pulchra es, amica mea set to the melody of a popular German song Kein Adler in der Welt.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Osculetur me.