Once did I serve a cruel heart (Robert Jones)
- (Posted 2017-02-22) CPDL #43245:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-22). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #12860, with corrections to the bass underlay.
- (Posted 2008-12-01) CPDL #18370:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2008-12-01). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 256 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Parts in score (Bassus with complete editorial text underlay) with lute in tabulature
- (Posted 2006-10-16) CPDL #12860:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-10-16). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 36 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Listed alphabetically under composer's name.
- (Posted 2006-10-03) CPDL #12745:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2006-10-03). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 357 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Text underlay in bass part is editorial as orginal only has incipit. The lute part is in modern staff notation.
Title: Once did I serve a cruell hart
Composer: Robert Jones
Original text and translations
Once did I serve a cruel heart,
with faith unfeign'd I still importune
her piercing looks that wrought my smart,
she laughs and smiles at my misfortune
and says perhaps you may at last
by true desart love's favour taste.