O fly not, O take some pity (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-29). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 28 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #13597, with corrections.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-02-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 30 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-03-14). Score information: Letter, 9 pages, 526 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: in partbook format
Title: O fly not, O take some pity
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
O fly not, O take some pity.
I faint alas, I faint; O stay, O stay her.
See how she flies away;
O stay and hear my prayer.
With one sweet look you may of torment ease me;
I am no tiger fierce that seeks to spill thee.
No, no, I see, thou dost but this to kill me.
Lo then I die, and all to please thee.