O come in one (Thomas Tallis)
- Editor: Charles Gurnham (submitted 2021-04-25). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 53 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original spelling.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-10-17). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 55 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. A few minor edits, otherwise as written in 1567. Archaic words explained on sheet music. Three more pairs of stanzas added from Parker's paraphrase.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-10-16). Score information: 7 x 10 in (landscape), 1 page, 46 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Three more pairs of stanzas added from Parker's paraphrase.
- Editor: Tim Blickhan (submitted 2005-10-10). Score information: Octavo, 1 page, 115 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes:
Title: O come in one
Composer: Thomas Tallis
Lyricist: Matthew Parker
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Hymn Meter: 88. 88 (L.M.) (actually 44. 44. 44. 44.)
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1567 in The whole Psalter translated (1567)
Description: Words by Matthew Parker. 1567, paraphrase of Psalm 95, in eleven stanzas. Tallis used the first two stanzas in his composition.
Original text and translations
1. O come in one
Let us sing to the Lord,
7. For God He is
As our Lord and our stay,