O Lord God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance (William Child)
- (Posted 2016-09-18) CPDL #41163:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2016-09-18). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 90 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #7755. Transposed up to C minor. Note values doubled and minor corrections to the underlay.
- (Posted 2004-08-11) CPDL #07755: (Sibelius 2)
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2004-08-11). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 140 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Original text and translations
1 O Lord God, the heathen come into thine inheritance: tThy holy temple have they defiled, and made Jerusalem an heap of stones.
4 We are become an open shame to our enemies: a very scorn and derision unto them that are round about us.
5 Lord, how long wilt thou be angry: shall thy jealousy burn like fire for ever?
8a O remember not, our old sins, but have mercy upon us;
For thou art the Lord our God, and thou, O Lord, will we praise for evermore.