O Lord, grant the king a long life (William Child)
- (Posted 2018-08-23) CPDL #50944:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2018-08-23). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 68 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition prepared from the Tudway collection.
- (Posted 2016-09-13) CPDL #41112:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2016-09-13). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 71 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From Cathedral Music, Volume 2 (William Boyce). Clefs modernised.
Title: O Lord, grant the king a long life
Composer: William Child
Lyricist: Book of Common Prayer 1662 (adapted)
Description: Probably composed for the coronation of Charles II (1662). Recorded as used at the coronation of George II (1727). Less specifically, the text was also used liturgically to mark the anniversary of the sovereign's accession.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at O Lord, grant the king a long life.