O Jonathan, woe is me (Thomas Weelkes)
- (Posted 2014-10-15) CPDL #33150:
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2014-10-15). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 118 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch (SSTTBB); note values halved. Editorial accidentals and slurs added.
- (Posted 2012-01-02) CPDL #25263:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-02). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 51 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third (SSAATB); note values halved. Reformating of #11417, with minor corrections. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2006-08-08) CPDL #11417: (Sibelius 2)
- Editor: David Cynan Jones (submitted 2006-08-08). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 55 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third (SSAATB); note values halved. PDF file uploaded 2008-09-08.
Title: O Jonathan, woe is me
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Text: 2 Samuel 1:25b-26
Original text and translations
O Jonathan, woe is me for thee, my brother Jonathan: very kind hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.