Now let us go and bid the morning (Thomas Elsbeth)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-12-27). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 50 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #2537, with minor corrections to the underlay.
- Editor: Bettina Blokland (submitted 2003-11-06). Score information: A4, 1 page, 51 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Files recovered using http://archive.org
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2001-04-22). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 31 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Now let us go and bid the morning
Composer: Thomas Elsbeth
Original text and translations
Now let us go bid the morning
Brightest day! Chase cares away!
Bring roses sweet to soothe us!
(Bring roses to a muse)
Now let us go and bid the cuckoo
Pretty bird! Repeat thy word!
Repeat thy song to cheer us!
Swift as the night turns into brightest day,
will fortunes turn my way,
All gladsome now our praises sing,
Full of pleasure bring,
All gladsome sing,
Full pleasure bring!