Nesciens mater virgo virum (Jean Mouton)
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2013-12-10). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 75 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Performing edition based on the edition by Andrew Leonard on cpdl, but transposed up a tone and with an added tenor part, reinforcing the three alto lines when they are low.
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2013-08-04). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 578 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scored for SSABar.ATBarB
- Editor: Tim Symons (submitted 2012-09-09). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 583 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: © 2012 Gimell Records. Scored for MMAT.TTTB.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-19). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 70 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Hans Mons (submitted 2006-03-17). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 116 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: individual choir pdfs also available. Non-commercial copying welcome.
- Editor: Andrew Leonard (submitted 2002-07-20). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 108 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Nesciens mater virgo virum
Composer: Jean Mouton
First published: c.1521 in Motetti et carmina gallica (Antico?), no. 1
2nd published: 1534 in Motettorum, Book 3 (Pierre Attaingnant), no. 6
3rd published: 1540 in Selectissimae necnon familiarissimae cantiones (Salminger), no. 17
4th published: 1547 in Dodecachordon (Henricus Glareanus), p. 466
5th published: 1564 in Thesaurus Musicus (Berg and Neuber), Volume 1, no. 4
Description: This magnificent 8-voice motet is a compositional masterpiece, being a quadruple canon at the fifth with a delay of two measures.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Nesciens mater.