NORBERG (Kathryn Rose)
- (Posted 2019-12-31) CPDL #56460:
- Editor: Kathryn Rose (submitted 2019-12-31). Score information: A4, 1 page, 48 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes:
First published: 2019
Description: Tune composed in memory of Roy Gordon Norberg.
External websites: http://www.artsyhonker.net/support
Original text and translations
1. Jesus, where'er your people meet,
There they behold your mercy seat;
Where'er they seek you, you are found,
And ev'ry place is hallowed ground.
2. For you, within no walls confined,
Are dwelling in the humble mind;
Such ever bring you where they come,
And going, take you to their home.
3. Dear Shepherd of your chosen few,
Your former mercies here renew;
Here to our waiting hearts proclaim
The sweetness of your saving name.
4. Here may we prove the pow'r of pray'r
To strengthen faith and sweeten care,
To teach our faint desires to rise,
And bring all heav'n before our eyes.
5. Lord, we are few, but you are near;
Nor short your arm, nor deaf your ear:
O rend the heav'ns, come quickly down,
And make a thousand hearts your own.