Mount Olivet (Stephen Jenks)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-04-02). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 72 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. Five more pairs of stanzas added from the hymn in Whitefield.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-04-02). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 64 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Five more pairs of stanzas from this hymn included.
Description: Words by an unknown author, apparently first published in George Whitefield's Collection of Hymns, 1755, in twelve stanzas. Jenks used the first two stanzas in his composition. Kroeger and Kroeger (2000) attribute this text to Charles Wesley, but the text could not be found among his published works – it doesn't sound like something by either Charles or John Wesley.
- Kroger, Karl; and Marie Kroeger. 2000. An index to Anglo-American Psalmody in Modern Critical Editions. Madison, Wisconsin: A-R Editions. 143 pp. + Compact Disk.
Original text and translations
1. O come let us join,
5. The prophets who told
9. The confessors too,
- Adoring Jesus, Hymn 42 in George Whitefield's A Collection of Hymns for Social Worship, Ninth Edition, 1760