Mass for Double Choir (adapted) (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Editor: Oliver Hayes (submitted 2009-08-13). Score information: A4, 16 pages, 656 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Latin adaptation by Oliver Hayes of Mendelssohn's German Lutheran settings.
Title: Mass for Double Choir
Composer: Felix Mendelssohn
First published: 2009
Description: Arranged from Mendelssohn's settings for the German Lutheran mass and reworked with Latin text for both the Catholic extraordinary and ordinary forms of Latin mass.
- Kyrie transcribed from Mendelssohn's original.
- Gloria adapted from Ehre sei Gott.
- Sanctus adapted from Heilig, Heilig, and split into two with separate Benedictus.
- Agnus Dei adapted from Herr, gedenke nicht unser, No. 4 of Sechs Sprüche.
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: