Magnificat secundi toni (Duarte Lobo)
- (Posted 2021-01-19) CPDL #62439:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2021-01-19). Score information: A4, 15 pages, 247 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Semidiplomatorical edition: Modern clefs, ficta added sparingly but orig. key and note-values. The odd verses added editoricaly from Liber Usualis 1961.
- (Posted 2015-05-23) CPDL #35514:
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2015-05-23). Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 627 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Works, ed. Manuel Joaquim, Instituto Para a Alta Cultura, Lisbon, 1945. We have halved the time values of the Joaquim edition and transposed up a tone. Translation, text underlay and musica ficta by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers. 12/20/95
Title: Magnificat secundi toni
Composer: Duarte Lobo
Text source: Luke 1:46-55
Description: Mary's response to Elizabeth's "Blessed is the fruit of your womb," Luke 1:46-55.
The Setting is mainly for SATB. The "Fecit potentiam..." part is ATB trio and the final "Sicut erat in principio..." is a SSAATB six voice setting where the Altus is in strict canon with the superius following three semibreves later in subdiatessaro (that is a perfect fourth lower).
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.