Love took his bow and arrow (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-19) CPDL #25184:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-19). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 34 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #15009, with minor corrections.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15009:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 33 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Love took his bow and arrow
Composer: Thomas Morley
First published: 1597 in Canzonets or Litle Short Aers to Five and Six Voices, no. 5
Original text and translations
Love took his bow and arrow
And slew his mother's sparrow.
I know not how it chanced,
Perhaps his arrow glanced.
Away the wag him hied.
Lord! how am I apayed?
My bird is dead
and now my boy is strayed.